Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism could be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical practice information. Each problem provides up-to-date protection of the latest developments that enhance our knowledge of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic problems. Regular top features of unique interest include initial reports of crucial improvements in patient-oriented hormonal and research that is metabolic individual views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, medical training directions, and situation reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Page to your Editor
- Letter to your Editor Response
- Reports and tips
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Correspondence
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
Listed here types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, is likely to be considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are initial, investigative, medical studies according to formerly data that are unpublished. There aren’t any top or reduced word/figure/table restrictions. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
- Case Reports (no further available for distribution after September 1, 2019) are information of an incident providing you with insights right into a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or administration. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any a lot more than two numbers, two tables, and ten recommendations. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with topics worth focusing on to medical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates about the molecular and basis that is biochemical normal physiology and infection states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of hormonal and metabolic disorders; as well as other topics highly relevant to the training of medical endocrinology. An outline describing its contents, and the CVs of all authors involved unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, authors should include a prospectus with a brief narrative of the mini-review’s purpose and scope. These manuscripts can cover anything from 2,000 terms to at the most 5,000 terms. Writers ought to include a short area explaining the search techniques utilized to have information for the mini-review. In the event that writers go for formerly posted numbers or tables, the guidelines must be followed by them beneath the Publication Fees area.
- Meta-analyses should give attention to certain efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The presented manuscript must be produced from an in-depth analytical analysis of data discovered by the exhaustive search of currently posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions of the kind must add a plan and a narrative statement. There are not any limitations on term count, quantity of numbers, or range recommendations. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or a co-employee Editor and certainly will typically deal with a policy that is timely of extremely high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and also no more than eight recommendations.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief which will examine principles and findings recently introduced in to the record that is scientific have actually exemplary interest. They have been typically as much as 1,000 words in total, need to have a maximum of eight sources, and now have no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite unpublished work or information.
- Views provide a viewpoint that is new policies and generally speaking accepted maxims and methods in endocrinology that warrant closer assessment centered on extremely recent newly published information. They need to cite literature that is relevant are generally not any longer than 2,400 terms and also no more than 25 recommendations. Views must not cite unpublished work or data, and any numbers should present just general generalizations, maybe perhaps not brand new information. Numbers must certanly be initial. Views are submitted by invite through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters into the Editor should talk about only articles posted in this log, and start to become submitted within 2 yrs regarding the article’s final book. Letters must be a maximum of 500 terms in total, don’t have any more than eight recommendations, and should never cite unpublished work or information. Letters should be posted during the discernment regarding the Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web web page proofs before book. Only changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are permitted. Regular book costs apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with page should proceed with the structure of “Letter towards the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. When your name perhaps perhaps maybe not follow this structure, it will be standardised by the publisher.
- Letters into the Editor reactions answer to a Letter to Editor at no greater size compared to the original page. Writers whose tasks are talked about in A page to your Editor will typically be invited to provide an answer. If accepted, writers might find web page proofs before book. Just changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name for the page should proceed with the format of “Response to Letter into the Editor: Title of Original Article being Discussed”. When your name perhaps perhaps maybe not follow this structure, it will be standardised because of the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions provide a listing of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work teams, task forces, as well as other collaboratives. They shall be susceptible to peer review and should be modifiable as a result to criticisms. They truly are typically a maximum of 3,600 words in total. All numbers and tables must certanly be original.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice recommendations are developed by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are proof based, and provide graded practice that is clinical. They are developed with input from community committees and people.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned by the Endocrine Society to give you analytical analyses to help its Clinical Practice recommendations.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned by the Endocrine Society for the Clinical Practice recommendations. These reviews address a definite question that is clinical gathering and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives of this Society’s Clinical Practice tips that health supplement or touch upon developments into the illness area because the right time of book of a Guideline.
- Policy views derive from founded community policy jobs and produced by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the membership.
- Research Guides are produced by a specialist group that is writing input from Society committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed by a writing team beneath the way of a Endocrine Society appointed Chair with the aim of synthesizing research and determining gaps into the systematic literary works. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Consensus Statements give an examination that is comprehensive a professional panel of the systematic or medical problem that might add ungraded suggestions. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other society that is professional teams, task forces, along with other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Utilization of Peer Review: All submissions are at the mercy of external peer review as instructed by the log editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are evaluated because of the Endocrine Society and selected outside specialists, and (2) meeting abstracts, which, whenever posted being a health supplement to Journal of this Endocrine Society, happen evaluated by the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication Costs and Start Access
To learn more about some great benefits of membership into the Endocrine Society, please look at the known Member pros page associated with the Endocrine Society’s internet site.
Web Web Page Fees
- Endocrine Society people: $99 per PDF web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society users: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Writers have the choice of creating their article start Access if you are paying one more $3,000 for Open Access publication, which include a license that is cc-by PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access from the journal web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you submit your manuscript to The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer option (B2J) through Editorial Manager and it is accepted for publication, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $250 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at email@example.com.